Sign Up your Workplace!
The 2nd – 8th February is National Voter Registration Drive #NVRD.
Young people, disabled people, migrants and ethnic minorities are the most largely under-represented groups on the electoral register. That’s why the TUC and Trade unions are among a number of organisations taking part in the drive to add 250,000 new names to the register by encouraging people to sign up in the workplace. There are plenty of materials to use to make this happen. Whilst people have until 20th April to register vote, we want to kick start that this week. In the coming weeks we will be sending out reminders and make sure people are registered so that they have a say in their future. You can view those materials here. For now, use the ones below!
There is plenty of information and key facts about why we need people to register to vote which can be found on the TUC Going To Work website here
Please share this with friends, family, colleagues and fellow reps so we can make sure as many people are registered to vote.
To take part in the campaign, here’s some quick and simple things you can do to ‘Sign Up your Workplace’ !
- Promote #NVRD by putting up a poster on your work notice board or in a communal area.
- Give out the TUC’s flyers explaining the importance of voting and how to vote.
- Use the TUC’s email template to email staff, containing all the information on why and how to register.
- Print off registration forms and leave in a communal area of the office.
- Tweet your activity using the hashtag #NVRD: “Registering my workplace today for #NVRD with @[insert name of union]”
Alternative version of the posters and flyers are available here
For more information, download a copy of the TUC’s ‘Register Your Workplace’ packs